November 22, 2011
Contemporary Ecectic Home in Los Angeles
Interesting Article from trendir.com
This contemporary eclectic home designed by Los Angeles-based architects Techentin Buckingham Architecture has its own unique brand of style that caught our attention. The main floor of the house sits level with the surrounding treetops, surrounded by the lush landscaping that becomes an integral part of this design. But because of the nearby neighbors, living areas...
November 17, 2011
Elongated House Design, Salt Spring Island, BC
Canadian Patkau Architects designed this elongated house on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia. A modern fixture on this 16-acre farm, the slope house boasts an orchard of fruit trees to the south side and a hay field to the north – a natural backdrop to the contemporary style house. Stretching 276 ft. across, this long and lean house features the main living quarters and guest accommodations separated...
November 7, 2011
VANCOUVER REAL ESTATE MARKET UPDATE NOVEMBER 2011
After a somewhat surprising September, one that showed decreased sales rather than the typical upswing of activity, we were very curious to see what would the market would do in October. As it turns out, it completely depends on the neighbourhood. Last month's statistics show a large segmentation developing between individual markets and the 'overall picture' does not give a very clear sense of what is happening in each sub-section of the market place. Let me explain...
Starting with detached houses:
- The Vancouver East market showed a substantial drop in sales (-24.3%), a slight drop in active listings (-5.4%) and a minor slip in median pricing (-2.7%)
- The Vancouver West market displayed a healthy boost in sales activity (+16.9%), a negligible slip in inventory (-0.9%) and an increase in median pricing (+4.4%)
- The North Vancouver market noted a noticeable increase in sales (+12.7%), a small dip in listings (-6.1%) and marginal price drop (-1.9%)
In the condo/townhome markets:
- Downtown Vancouver was marked by a healthy increase in activity (+10.1%) and pricing (+3.6%), with an insignificant drop in inventory (-1.2%)
- In the Westside, median prices rose (+7.0) while both active listings (-4.0%) and sales activity (-2.6%) trended downwards
- The Eastside showed an rise in sales activity (+10.7%) and median price (+3.9%) while inventory dropped (-3.9%)
- North Vancouver experienced a huge lift in sales activity (+42.6%), thanks in part to significant price drops (-15.4%), while inventory remained flat (-0.9%)
So what can we take from all this? In general, with the obvious exception of the Eastside detached market, sales activity is up substantially. This is the trend we expected to see in September and it finally materialized. Another interesting trend is that inventory levels seem to be slipping. Not by a lot, but if that downward trend continues, it would certainly help keep prices up. And speaking of prices... there is not really a consistent trend to attach on to. Price variance is very specific to the individual market at the moment and extra care should be taken to ensure that you are really aware of what is happening directly in the market you are focused on. The broad statistics of Vancouver as a whole just don't tell an accurate story anymore.
Unique Homes Blog
Cortez Island Unique Home
Located at the south end of Desolation Sound on Cortes Island, British Columbia, the site is formed of natural granite bedrock. The site contains a dramatic peninsula and cliff which serve as a windbreak for Cortes Bay and the Seattle and Vancouver yacht clubs. The sea front side of the house is elevated up off of the bedrock with steel columns and exposed wood floor beams...
Read more >>
#514 1088 Richards St.
More Details See All Listings
- FOR SALE Offered at $479,000
- 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom
- 745 sq ft
- Brand New unit in Richards Living
© Rob Zwick of RE/MAX® Crest Realty Westside 1428 West 7th Ave, Vancouver BC | Personal Real Estate Corporation | Site