Check out this very cool Thermostat from a company called NEST (http://www.nest.com/). This is a Smart Thermostat that was designed to work with the owner's lives, therefore cutting costs on your energy bill. It's small, modern, technologically capable, and programs itself to your lifestyle and preferences.
This thermostat has many cool features:
- Auto-Schedule: NEST automatically programs itself in a week, creating a personalized schedule based on the temperature changes you made.
- Auto-Away: NEST will sense when you leave the house and will automatically adjust the temperature to avoid heating or cooling an empty home.
- AirWave: Automatically turns off the AC a few minutes early, but keeps the fan running, therefore saving you up to 30% while still cooling your house.
- Energy History: NEST can show you when your system was on and what impacts your bill the most.
- The Leaf: A green leaf is displayed on your thermostat when the temperature is energy efficient.
- Time to Temperature: NEST will show you how long it will take to reach your desired temperature.
- Real Time Control: Control the temperature from your laptop, smartphone or tablet, wherever you are.
NEST uses activity sensors, humidity sensors, a Wi-Fi connection to remain up to date on the current weather outside and temperature sensors to achieve energy efficient, smart usage.
NEST claims that it only takes 30 minutes to install, and can save you $6000. Definitely worth looking into, and for only $249, seems like a pretty Smart purchase.